« Home | Bad Timing » | Bird Watching - 03/23/2007 - Celebrity Edition » | Just how many boners can the Joker make? » | Warning: May cause seizures » | Bird Watching - 03/22/2007 » | Bird Watching Extravaganza! » | Hep is Hip » | Bird Watching - 03/16/2007 » | That's so sexy! » | Bird Watching - 03/15/2007 »

El Bandito

The first time I saw Carlos Mencia's stand-up routine I was happy to see that Paul Rodriguez was still working. Then I felt ashamed of myself for not being able to tell one Latino comic from the next. Then I felt angry because someone was making me watch this not-too-funny comic and trying to convince me that he was funny. And now I'm wondering how it's possible to be so un-funny when you're stealing material from one of the greatest comics ever.


And just so you don't think I'm a total ass when it comes to Latinos, here's a picture of who used to be my two favorite Latina television presenters since sliced tortillas, Carmen Dominicci & Barbara Bermudo.


All comedy is just a re-hash, an update of what someone else has done. I always enjoyed Paul Rodriguez, and I get a huge kick out of Mencia. I also like Eddy Murphy. Does that insult Richard Pryor?

Check out this article: http://www.radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2007/02/take_the_funny_and_run_1.php

I think you'll see there's a difference between rehashing old jokes and blatantly stealing material. And you'll see how bad Mencia is when it comes to this.

Post a Comment
If you've gotten this far, congratulations. You can read more by going to the archives. Or you can just imagine what else might be here without clicking anything. Might I recommend a fine bottle of bourbon to accompany your fantasies? I thought so.