« Home | People Love Me » | Milwaukee is Happy » | Mary Kate Olsen is an Über-Morlock » | Tony Blair is a Wanker » | John Travolta is a Geenie! » | Abstract Actors » | Tom Cruise is regressing » | Cavemen on the Picture Box » | Britney is Date-able » | The Japanese are weird »

Out of line

I'm generally not a fan of chain bars. For one thing, if I'm kicked out of one I end up on some sort of "list" that gets me kicked out of all of them. And since I'm not a fan of them to begin with, I end up being kicked out a whole lot. I suppose that could be a good thing, since I'm sort of consolidating my efforts when it comes to being banned from some place, so, you know, silver lining and all.

But what really gets me is when I see a line to get into a bar in Milwaukee. Saturday night some forty people had to be waiting in line to get into Bar Louie on Water Street. Even more sensible people were seen to be yelling such things as "there's no freakin' way I'm waiting in line to get into Bar Louie!" or "You're all a bunch of stupid X@$#! sheep!" (I was in the second group.) I just don't understand how with as many bars as there are in this town anyone would want to wait in line to get into what's really nothing more than an Applebees serving fancy drinks! Or why they just don't carry their booze in a brown paper bag and listen to music on a boom box on the street corner the way I do. No lines there, baby!

If you've gotten this far, congratulations. You can read more by going to the archives. Or you can just imagine what else might be here without clicking anything. Might I recommend a fine bottle of bourbon to accompany your fantasies? I thought so.